Just 11 miles north of Bangor International Airport (BIA) and minutes from the University of Maine, SRD is located in the heart of Maine’s academic and technology center. Below you’ll find information on area hotels, car rental and airport information to assist you in planning a trip to SRD. We look forward to your visit!
Four Points Sheraton | Located at the Bangor International Airport - www.starwoodhotels.com
Hampton Inn Bangor | Offers government rates - www.hamptoninn.com
Black Bear Inn | Located on the same road as Sensor Research and Development Corp.- www.blackbearinnorono.com
http://www.maineinns.com/ | Click here for more hotel choices in the area
The following car rentals are located at the Bangor International Airport
Avis - www.avis.com
Budget - www.budget.com
Hertz - www.hertz.com
Alamo - www.alamo.com
Bangor International Airport (BGR) - www.flybangor.com
View Larger Map
Directions from the Airport
- Leave airport. Stay straight through one set of lights. At second set of lights take a RIGHT onto Union St (McDonald’s is across the street).
- Stay straight on Union Street for 1.3 miles. Take a LEFT onto I-95N (Orono/Houlton).
- Stay on I-95N for 8.5 miles and get off at exit 193 (Stillwater Ave/ Stillwater/ Old Town).
- Bear RIGHT off the exit ramp onto Stillwater Ave.
- At the 1st set of lights take a RIGHT (Dysart's is on your right and Burger King on your left) onto Godfrey Drive.
- We are the 3rd building on the LEFT.
Additional Area Links
Town of Orono - www.orono.org
University of Maine Orono - www.umaine.edu
Bangor Area Chamber of Commerce - www.bangorregion.com
Maine Demographics & Population
- Population of Maine in 2000: 1,274,923
- Land Area: 30,862 square miles
- Length of coastline: 3,500 miles
- Forest: 17 million acres
- Persons per square mile: 41.3
- Home ownership rate (2000): 71.6%
- Largest city by population: Portland
- State Capital: Augusta